MCF Grant Eligibility Requirements
To apply for a Moonlight Community Foundation grant, an organization must:
- Be classified as a “Public Charity” with tax exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Be in operation as a 501(c)(3) public charity for a minimum of 24 months prior to applying for a grant.
- Submit an application that proposes a new project or program or expansion or continued support of an existing, proven project or program that will have a high impact and transformative effect on the organization and the community it serves.
- Operate in Big Sky or the greater area. All grant monies must be used for the proposed project or program that provides services to people who live in this geographic area.
- Report total operating revenue for the last fiscal year between $25,000 and $2,000,000.
- In projects involving capital expenditures or improvements, own the property involved or lease the property with a minimum of five years remaining on the lease.
- Use the full amount of the grant within 12 months.