Our Mission and Values
Mission: We support initiatives for youth, education, conservation, and under-served needs benefiting the Big Sky Community.
Vision: Bridging the Moonlight Community to causes that matter.
Who we are: We are the non-profit charitable arm of the Moonlight Community, consisting of property owners, club members and developers that comprise the Moonlight area of Big Sky, Montana.
Our History and Projects
We began informally in 2011 and in July 2014 we became a tax exempt organization under section 501(C)3. We are qualified to receive tax deductible gifts under section 2055, 2106 or 2522 of the Code.
Thanks to the support of our generous donors, we have been able to support many local organizations and programs through our grants.
Some of our projects include:
- Adding educational signs to public hiking trails,
- Support an educational and nature-based summer camp from 2013 to the present by providing a scholarship program which allows more campers from the greater Big Sky area to attend camp as well as providing Educational staffing programs and equipment for camp.
- Arts Council of Big Sky – Supporting the Art Ventures Kid’s program
- Big Sky Community Housing Trust – contributing to a Down Payment Assistance Program
- Big Sky School District’s language program
- Big Sky Community Food: Bank Emergency Food and Nutrition programs.
- Gallatin River Task Force and Montana Land Reliance – sustainable initiatives and conservation
- Thrive’s mentoring program