About the Moonlight Community Foundation
We are the non-profit charitable arm of the Moonlight Community, consisting of property owners, club members and developers that comprise the Moonlight area of Big Sky, Montana.
We support initiatives for youth, education, conservation, and under-served needs benefiting the Big Sky Community.
Bridging the Moonlight Community to causes that matter.
Our History and Projects
MCF formed in 2011 and in July of 2014 became a tax-exempt organization under section 501(C)3. We are qualified to receive tax deductible gifts under section 2055, 2106 or 2522 of the Code.
Thanks to the support of our generous donors, we have been able to support many local organizations and programs through our grants. We have awarded a total of $2.6 million to local nonprofits since inception. Please check out our grant recipient page for a complete list of programs and projects that have been supported.
Some of our projects include:
- Support an educational and nature-based summer camp from 2013 to the present by providing a scholarship program which allows more campers from the greater Big Sky area to attend Camp Moonlight
- Big Sky Community Housing Trust – contributing to a Down Payment Assistance Program and their Rent Local Program
- Big Sky Community Food Bank: Emergency Food and Nutrition Programs.
- Gallatin River Task Force stream restoration projects
- THRIVE’s CAP Mentoring Program
- Montana Land Reliance – Big Sky Conservation Initiative through conservation easments
- Friends of Big Sky Education – The Sustainability and Local Food Program in Big Sky Schools
- Morningstar Learning Center – operational support
Anna Shipley, Executive Director of MCF
After graduating from Michigan State University with a degree in Environmental Studies, Anna migrated out West to the great state of Montana. She is happy to have called this beautiful landscape home for the past 15 years. Her work background is dynamic – ranging from public sector to non-profit management to guest services. Anna is ecstatic to be working with the Moonlight Community Foundation, wholeheartedly believing in their mission and vision. In her spare time, you may see her at a yoga class, kayaking, or cruising around our local trails. Anna volunteers with the CAP Mentor program at Ophir School and resides in Big Sky with her husband.
Please feel free to reach out to Anna with any questions pertaining to MCF at firstname.lastname@example.org.